Table of Contents
Tiberias Hotels: Guest Reviews and Ratings
Tiberias, a city located in northern Israel, is known for its rich history and stunning views of the Sea of Galilee. It’s a popular destination for tourists from all over the world, and there are many hotels to choose from when visiting the area. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at Tiberias hotels and provide guest reviews and ratings to help you make an informed decision when booking your stay.
Tiberias Hotels Overview
Tiberias offers a range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hostels to luxury hotels. The city has many hotels located along the waterfront, offering stunning views of the Sea of Galilee. Many of these hotels offer amenities such as swimming pools, spas, and on-site restaurants.
Top Tiberias Hotels
2.1. Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel Located on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, the Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel is one of the top hotels in Tiberias. The hotel features a private beach, outdoor and indoor swimming pools, and a spa. Guests can also enjoy a meal at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves Israeli and international cuisine.
2.2. Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias Another popular hotel in Tiberias is the Leonardo Plaza Hotel. This hotel is located in the city center, and many of its rooms offer stunning views of the Sea of Galilee. The hotel features an outdoor swimming pool, a spa, and on-site restaurants serving Israeli and international cuisine.
2.3. The Scots Hotel For a unique experience, consider staying at The Scots Hotel. This hotel is located in a historic building that dates back to the 19th century. The hotel features a beautiful courtyard and gardens, and many of its rooms offer views of the Sea of Galilee. The Scots Hotel also has a spa and a restaurant serving local cuisine.
Guest Reviews and Ratings
When choosing a hotel, it’s important to read guest reviews and ratings to get an idea of what to expect during your stay. Here are some guest reviews and ratings for top Tiberias hotels:
3.1. Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel – 8.6/10 “Amazing location, beautiful views, and great service. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the food at the restaurant was delicious.”
3.2. Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias – 8.1/10 “Great hotel in the heart of Tiberias. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and comfortable.”
3.3. The Scots Hotel – 9.0/10 “A charming hotel with beautiful gardens and a peaceful atmosphere. The staff was friendly and attentive, and the breakfast was delicious.”
4.1. What are some popular Tiberias tourist attractions?
Popular tourist attractions in Tiberias include the Sea of Galilee, Hamat Tiberias National Park, and the Tomb of Maimonides.
4.2. What is the best time to visit Tiberias?
The best time to visit Tiberias is during the spring (March to May) or fall (September to November), when the weather is mild and pleasant.
4.3. Is Tiberias a safe city for tourists?
Yes, Tiberias is a safe city for tourists. However, as with any destination, it’s important to take precautions
Things to Do in Tiberias
Tiberias is a city that offers visitors a plethora of activities to do. Below, we’ve outlined a few of the most popular ones.
- Take a dip in the Sea of Galilee: Tiberias is located on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee, so it’s only natural to take a swim or float in the lake’s crystal clear waters. Plus, it’s a great way to escape the hot Israeli sun!
- Visit the Hamat Tiberias National Park: This national park is home to ancient Roman baths, where you can take a dip in naturally heated mineral waters that have been flowing for over 2,000 years.
- Explore the Old City: The Old City of Tiberias is rich with history, as it was once a center for Jewish learning and religion. Take a stroll through the city and admire the ancient architecture and synagogues.
- Take a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee: A boat ride on the Sea of Galilee is an incredible experience. There are many different companies offering tours, and it’s a great way to see the area from a different perspective.
- Visit Mount Arbel: Located just a few kilometers outside of Tiberias, Mount Arbel offers visitors a breathtaking view of the Sea of Galilee and the surrounding areas. The hike up to the top is challenging, but the views are definitely worth it.
- What is the best time to visit Tiberias?
The best time to visit Tiberias is during the spring (April-May) and fall (September-October) months when the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller.
- Is Tiberias safe for tourists?
Yes, Tiberias is considered a safe city for tourists. However, as with any city, it’s always best to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to keep yourself and your belongings safe.
- What is the currency used in Tiberias?
The currency used in Tiberias, as well as throughout Israel, is the Israeli Shekel (ILS).
- What languages are spoken in Tiberias?
The official languages of Tiberias are Hebrew and Arabic. However, many people in the city also speak English.
- How far is Tiberias from Tel Aviv?
Tiberias is located approximately 135 kilometers (84 miles) northeast of Tel Aviv. The drive takes approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
In conclusion, Tiberias is a beautiful and historic city that offers visitors a wide range of activities and experiences. Whether you’re interested in relaxing by the Sea of Galilee or exploring the city’s rich history, Tiberias has something for everyone. If you’re planning a trip to Israel, be sure to include Tiberias on your itinerary!