Explore Tiberias Israel!
At Tiberias Hotel you will find all you need to know about Tiberias , including Hotels , Attractions , Tips , Guides & much more
Find Your Perfect Hotel Stay in Tiberias, Israel
Welcome to the ultimate Tiberias hotel comparison website, where you’ll find everything you need to make a confident and informed decision about your next stay. Whether you’re traveling for business, leisure, or a combination of both, our site has you covered.
Compare the Top Hotels in Tiberias
We’ve meticulously researched Tiberias to provide you with a comprehensive list of hotels ranging from budget-friendly options to luxurious properties. With our user-friendly comparison tool, you can easily compare hotels based on their location, price, amenities, and more. You can even read reviews from previous travelers to gain insight into their experiences.
Choose Your Ideal Location
Tiberias is renowned for its stunning lakeside setting, so why not choose a hotel that takes advantage of this? We offer a range of hotels situated both on the lake and in the city center, so you can select the location that best fits your needs.
Take Advantage of Unbeatable Deals and Discounts
Booking your hotel through our site gives you access to exclusive discounts and special deals you won’t find anywhere else. To get the best value for your money, be sure to book your hotel through us.
Receive Expert Recommendations and Advice
Not sure which hotel to choose? Our team of experts has in-depth knowledge of Tiberias and its hotels and is here to help you find the perfect stay. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, we’ll make sure you’re matched with a hotel that meets your needs and requirements.
Enjoy Convenient and Stress-Free Booking
Booking your Tiberias hotel through our site is fast, easy, and secure. We remove the stress from the booking process and ensure that your reservation is confirmed and guaranteed. You can also cancel or modify your booking with ease.
Experience the Best of Tiberias
Your hotel stay is a crucial part of your overall Tiberias experience. Our goal is to help you find the perfect stay so you can fully enjoy all that this city has to offer. Book your Tiberias hotel today and start exploring!
Ready to Book Your Tiberias Hotel?
Start comparing hotels and find your perfect stay in Tiberias today. With our user-friendly comparison tool, unbeatable deals, and expert recommendations, you’re sure to find the right hotel for your next trip. Book now and experience the best of Tiberias!
How We Rate and Score Accommodation in Tiberias, Israel
When it comes to choosing the right hotel or accommodation in Tiberias, there are a number of factors to consider. At tiberias-hotel.com, we take a comprehensive approach to reviewing and rating the various options available to travelers. In this article, we will outline the parameters we use to evaluate accommodation in Tiberias and explain how we arrive at our final rating.
Amenities and Facilities
One of the most important considerations when choosing a hotel is the quality and variety of amenities and facilities it offers. This includes things like the swimming pool, fitness center, spa, and sauna, as well as more practical amenities such as the parking and Wi-Fi. We take into account not only whether these amenities are available, but also their overall condition and accessibility.
The location of a hotel can greatly affect the overall experience of a stay. Factors such as proximity to popular tourist attractions, public transportation, and other amenities are all considered when evaluating a hotel’s location. Additionally, we take into account the overall safety and accessibility of the neighborhood.
The comfort and cleanliness of a hotel room is essential for a pleasant stay. We evaluate the overall condition and cleanliness of the rooms, as well as the comfort and quality of the beds, linens, and furnishings. We also take into account the size and layout of the rooms, as well as the natural light and views.
A hotel’s dining options can greatly affect the overall experience of a stay. We evaluate the quality and variety of food and drinks offered, as well as the overall atmosphere and service of the hotel’s restaurant and bar. We also consider whether there are any alternative dining options nearby.
Activities and Entertainment
For many travelers, a hotel’s activities and entertainment options can greatly enhance their stay. We evaluate the availability and quality of things like the swimming pool, fitness center, spa, and sauna, as well as any additional entertainment options such as live music performances or cultural activities.
Business and Event Facilities
For those traveling to Tiberias on business or for a special event, the availability and quality of the hotel’s business and event facilities is crucial. We evaluate the size and suitability of meeting rooms and banquet halls, as well as the overall level of support provided by the hotel’s staff.
The quality of customer service can greatly affect the overall experience of a stay. We take into account the overall friendliness, helpfulness, and efficiency of the hotel’s staff, as well as the availability of 24-hour front desk service.
Views and Surroundings
The views and surroundings of a hotel can greatly enhance the overall experience of a stay. We take into account the natural beauty of the surrounding area and whether the hotel offers views of popular tourist attractions.
Pros and Cons
We take into account the hotel’s pros and cons to help the user decide if it’s the right fit for them.
We also research and include other reviews from trustworthy sources such as TripAdvisor, Booking.com, and other reputable travel websites to give our users a comprehensive idea of what to expect from the hotel.
At tiberias-hotel.com, we strive to provide accurate and comprehensive information to help travelers make informed decisions when choosing their accommodation in Tiberias. We are committed to providing unbiased and honest reviews, and we only recommend hotels and accommodation that meet our high standards.
In addition to the parameters outlined above, we also take into account other important factors such as the overall value for money of the hotel, as well as any special deals or promotions that may be available. We also consider the hotel’s environmental and sustainability practices, as well as any additional services or features that may be of interest to specific groups of travelers such as families or business travelers.
To arrive at our final rating, we use a proprietary algorithm that takes into account all of the above-mentioned parameters and assigns a numerical score to each hotel. This score is then used to determine the hotel’s overall rating and position in our rankings.
We also provide users with a comprehensive list of additional information and resources, including detailed descriptions of each hotel’s amenities and facilities, as well as high-resolution images and virtual tours. This allows users to get a better sense of what to expect before they book.
In addition, we also provide a detailed map of Tiberias, highlighting the locations of all the hotels we review, as well as popular tourist attractions and other points of interest. This helps users to better understand the area and plan their itinerary.
At tiberias-hotel.com, we are committed to providing our users with the most accurate and up-to-date information possible. All of our reviews and ratings are based on our own independent research and evaluations, and we strive to provide unbiased and honest reviews. We always include citations and references to support our claims and give our users a wide range of options and features to choose from.
Tiberias: The Jewel of the Sea of Galilee – A Guide to the Best Hotels
Tiberias, located on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, is a city steeped in history and religious significance. It is a popular tourist destination for both religious pilgrims and those looking to experience the natural beauty of the region. With so many hotels to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide where to stay. In this article, we will be highlighting the top hotels in Tiberias to help you plan your visit.
Tiberias, Israel is a popular destination for tourists, known for its natural beauty and historical significance.
Tiberias By The Sea of Galilee – Lake Kinneret
The Sea of Galilee, also known as the Sea of Tiberias or Lake Kinneret, is a freshwater lake located in northern Israel. It is known for its religious significance as it is mentioned in the Bible as the place where Jesus performed many of his miracles. The lake is also a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing. Visitors can also take a boat ride to visit the ancient city of Capernaum, where Jesus is said to have taught and performed miracles.
Activities and Attractions
- The city of Tiberias itself offers a variety of historical and cultural sites to visit, including the ancient Roman city and the Tiberias Hot Springs.
- The Mount of Beatitudes, located on the northwest shore of the Sea of Galilee, is the traditional site of the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus is said to have delivered his famous Sermon.
- Visit the Yigal Alon Center, a museum dedicated to the life and work of Yigal Alon, an Israeli politician and military commander.
- Take a boat tour on the Sea of Galilee to visit the ancient city of Capernaum and see the remains of the ancient synagogue.
- Enjoy a relaxing day at the Tiberias Hot Springs, known for their therapeutic properties.
- Visit the ancient city of Bethsaida, located on the northeastern shore of the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus is said to have performed many miracles.
- Take a hike or bike ride on the Jesus Trail, a 40-mile trail that connects key sites from Jesus’ life in the Galilee region.
- Take a tour of the ancient city of Tiberias, where you can visit the ruins of the Roman city, including the ancient theater and the Roman bathhouse.
- Visit the Tiberias Promenade, a popular spot for a stroll or bike ride, with beautiful views of the Sea of Galilee and the surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Tiberias Archaeological Park, which showcases the city’s rich history and includes the remains of a 2nd-century synagogue, a Crusader fortress, and an Ottoman caravansary.
- Visit the tomb of Rabbi Meir Baal HaNes, a 2nd-century Jewish sage who is buried in Tiberias.
- Visit the Tiberias Market, where you can buy local produce, spices, and souvenirs.
- Take a day trip to the nearby city of Nazareth, which is known as the childhood home of Jesus.
- Visit the nearby ancient city of Gamla, which is known for its well-preserved remains of a Jewish city from the Second Temple period.
- Visit the ancient city of Beit She’an, which is known for its well-preserved Roman and Byzantine ruins.
- Visit the nearby nature reserve of Banias, which is home to a waterfall and the remains of an ancient city.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the Sea of Galilee for a unique view of the area.
- Take a cooking class to learn how to make traditional Middle Eastern dishes.
- Visit the Tiberias Museum of Regional and Mediterranean Archaeology, which showcases the history and archaeology of the region
- Visit the Tiberias Marina, which is a popular spot for sunbathing and boat rentals.
Tiberias and its surroundings have a lot to offer for the visitors, from ancient ruins, religious historical sites, natural beauty, outdoor activities, cultural heritage, and more. With so many options, visitors can easily fill their days with activities that interest them most.
Tiberias is a great destination for those looking to explore the natural beauty and historical significance of the Sea of Galilee region. Whether you’re interested in religious history, outdoor activities, or simply taking in the beautiful views, Tiberias has something to offer for everyone.
List of Hotels in Tiberias:
|Rimonim Galei Kinneret||4.5||$$$||Private beach, spa, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools|
|You Boutique Kinneret||4.0||$$||Private beach, spa, fitness center, indoor pool|
|The Scots Hotel||4.8||$$$$||Private beach, spa, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools|
|Leonardo Plaza||3||$$||Private beach, spa, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools|
|Royal Plaza||4.0||$$$||Private beach, spa, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools|
|Europa Hotel||3.8||$$$||Private beach, spa, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools|
Tiberias is a city that offers visitors a chance to experience both the natural beauty of the Sea of Galilee and the rich history of the region. With so many hotels to choose from, it can be difficult to decide where to stay. We hope that this guide to the best hotels in Tiberias will help you plan your visit and make the most of your time in this stunning city. Whether you are looking for a luxurious spa experience or simply a comfortable place to rest after a day of sightseeing, Tiberias has something to offer everyone.
The Sea of Galilee region in northern Israel is home to a wealth of religious and historical sites, many of which are of great significance to Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike. From ancient synagogues to the places where Jesus is said to have performed many of his miracles, the region is a must-see destination for anyone interested in religious history. In this article, we will take a look at some of the most famous holy sites surrounding the Sea of Galilee.
Famous Holy Sites in Tiberias Area
|The Church of the Beatitudes||The traditional site of the Sermon on the Mount, where Jesus is said to have delivered his famous Sermon|
|The Capernaum Synagogue||An ancient synagogue dating back to the 4th century AD, where Jesus is said to have taught and performed miracles|
|The Mount of Transfiguration||The traditional site of the Transfiguration of Jesus, where he is said to have been transfigured before his disciples|
|The Tabgha Church||The traditional site of the miracle of the loaves and fishes, where Jesus is said to have fed 5,000 people with just five loaves of bread and two fish|
|The Church of the Primacy of Saint Peter||The traditional site of the reinstatement of Peter as the leader of Jesus’ disciples after his resurrection|
These are just a few of the many holy sites that can be found in the Sea of Galilee region. Visitors can also take a boat tour on the Sea of Galilee to visit the ancient city of Capernaum, hike or bike ride on the Jesus Trail, and visit the ancient city of Bethsaida, where Jesus is said to have performed many miracles.
Additional Holy Sites in the Galilee area
- The Church of the Annunciation: The traditional site where the Angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary and announced that she would give birth to Jesus.
- The Church of St. Peter’s Primacy: A Franciscan church built on the spot where Jesus is said to have appeared to his disciples after his resurrection and where he re-established Peter as the leader of the apostles.
- The Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes: A modern church built on the site where Jesus is said to have fed the 5,000 with five loaves of bread and two fish.
- The Yardenit Baptismal Site: A popular spot for Christian baptisms on the Jordan River, which is believed to be the site where John the Baptist baptized Jesus.
- The Magdala Center: An archaeological park and cultural center that features the remains of an ancient Jewish town, including a 1st-century synagogue and a reconstructed 1st-century house.
- The Mount of Beatitudes: A hilltop location where Jesus is believed to have delivered the Sermon on the Mount
- The Cana of Galilee: A small village where Jesus is believed to have performed his first miracle at a wedding by turning water into wine.
- The Church of the Nativity: A Catholic church in Bethlehem, believed to be the birthplace of Jesus
- The Church of the Holy Sepulcher: A church in Jerusalem, believed to be the site of the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
- The Garden Tomb: a alternative site that some believe to be the place of the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Jesus
The Sea of Galilee region is a must-see destination for anyone interested in religious history and culture. With so many holy sites to visit, visitors can easily spend several days exploring the area and learning about its rich history. Whether you’re a devout Christian, Jew, or Muslim, or simply interested in religious history, the Sea of Galilee region is a fascinating place to visit.
“Tiberias: A City Rich in History and Culture”
Tiberias, located on the western shore of the Sea of Galilee in modern-day Israel, is a city with a rich and diverse history. From its founding by King Herod Antipas in the first century CE to its present-day status as a popular tourist destination, Tiberias has played a significant role in the religious, cultural, and political landscape of the region.
Founding of Tiberias
According to the Jewish historian Josephus, Tiberias was founded by King Herod Antipas in 18 CE as a tribute to the Roman emperor Tiberius. The city quickly became an important center of Jewish learning and scholarship, attracting prominent rabbis such as Rabbi Akiva and Rabbi Meir (1).
Tiberias During the Roman Period
During the Roman period, Tiberias served as the capital of the Jewish province of Galilee. The city’s prosperity and relative autonomy under Roman rule led to the development of a thriving Jewish community, with synagogues, schools, and a bustling market (2). However, Tiberias was also the site of occasional conflicts between the Roman authorities and the local Jewish population, including a major rebellion led by Rabbi Akiva in 132 CE (3).
Tiberias in the Middle Ages
In the early Islamic period, Tiberias served as an important center of Jewish and Islamic learning. The city was home to many famous rabbis and scholars, including the famous Talmudic commentator Rashi (4). However, Tiberias’s fortunes changed in the 12th century, when it was conquered by the Crusaders. The city’s Jewish population was decimated, and many of its prominent scholars were forced to flee (5).
Tiberias Under Ottoman Rule
Under Ottoman rule, Tiberias underwent a period of resurgence as a center of Jewish learning. The city was home to many prominent rabbis and scholars, including the famous kabbalist Isaac Luria (6). However, Tiberias’s prosperity was again interrupted by conflict, this time in the form of the 1834 Arab revolt, which resulted in the deaths of many of the city’s Jewish residents (7).
Tiberias in the Modern Era
In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Tiberias experienced a period of growth and modernization. The city was home to a thriving Jewish community, and many new neighborhoods and public buildings were constructed. However, Tiberias’s growth was again interrupted by conflict, this time in the form of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, during which the city’s Jewish population was forced to flee (8).
Today, Tiberias is a popular tourist destination, known for its rich history and culture, as well as its natural beauty. The city is home to many historic sites, including the ancient Roman and Crusader ruins, as well as the graves of many famous rabbis and scholars. Tiberias is also a popular spot for pilgrimage for jews and Christians, with many religious sites and landmarks (9).
In conclusion, Tiberias is a city with a rich and diverse history, spanning thousands of years. From its founding by King Herod Antipas in the first century CE to its present-day status as a popular tourist destination, Tiberias has played a significant role in the religious, cultural, and political landscape of the region.
(1) “Tiberias.” Encyclopaedia Britannica. https://www.britannica.com/place/Tiberias
More Famous sites in israel:
- The Western Wall (Kotel): A Jewish holy site located in the Old City of Jerusalem, it is the remaining wall of the Second Temple and is considered the most sacred place for Jewish people to pray.
- The Dome of the Rock: A Islamic holy site located on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, it is considered the third holiest site in Islam and is believed to be the place where the Prophet Muhammad ascended to heaven.
- The Al-Aqsa Mosque: A Islamic holy site located on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, it is considered the third holiest mosque in Islam and is believed to be the place where the Prophet Muhammad led prayers.
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre: A Christian holy site in Jerusalem, believed to be the site of the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
- The Church of All Nations: A Christian holy site located in the Garden of Gethsemane, it is believed to be the place where Jesus prayed before his arrest and crucifixion.
- The Tomb of King David: A Jewish holy site located on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, it is believed to be the burial place of King David, a central figure in Jewish history and tradition.
- The Tomb of Rachel: A Jewish holy site located in Bethlehem, it is believed to be the burial place of Rachel, a matriarch of the Jewish people and the wife of Jacob.
- The Cave of the Patriarchs: A Jewish, Christian and Islamic holy site located in the city of Hebron, it is believed to be the burial place of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, and Leah, some of the most important figures in Jewish history and tradition.
- The Abbey of Saint Sabas: A Christian holy site located in the West Bank, it is a Byzantine-era monastery built in the 5th century and is considered one of the oldest monasteries in the world.
- The Shrine of the Bab: A Bahá’í holy site located in Haifa, it is the resting place of the Bab, a figure who is considered a prophet and messenger in the Bahá’í Faith.
As you can see, Israel is rich in religious history and spiritual significance, and offers a wide range of holy sites for visitors to explore and discover.
Major Christian Pilgrimage Holy Sites in Israel
|1||Jerusalem||The Church of the Holy Sepulchre||The site of Jesus’ crucifixion, burial, and resurrection, according to Christian tradition. It is one of the most important pilgrimage sites for Christians around the world.|
|2||Bethlehem||The Church of the Nativity||The birthplace of Jesus, this church is said to contain the grotto where he was born.|
|3||Nazareth||The Basilica of the Annunciation||This church marks the spot where the angel Gabriel appeared to the Virgin Mary and told her she would give birth to Jesus.|
|4||Sea of Galilee||The Church of the Multiplication||This church marks the spot where Jesus performed the miracle of the multiplication of the loaves and fishes.|
|5||Capernaum||The Synagogue of Capernaum||Jesus frequently taught in this synagogue, and it is considered an important site for those interested in the historical roots of Christianity.|
Major Jewish Holy Sites in Israel
|1||Jerusalem||Western Wall (Kotel)||The Western Wall is the holiest site in Judaism and is considered the last remaining wall of the Second Temple, which was destroyed in 70 CE.|
|2||Safed||Tomb of Rabbi Isaac Luria||This tomb is considered the holiest site for followers of the Kabbalah, a mystical branch of Judaism.|
|3||Hebron||Tomb of the Patriarchs (Cave of Machpelah)||This tomb is the burial site of the Biblical figures Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, and Leah, and is considered one of the four holiest cities in Judaism.|
|4||Tiberias||Tomb of Maimonides||This tomb is dedicated to the medieval philosopher and rabbi Moses Maimonides, who is considered one of the greatest rabbis in Jewish history.|
|5||Tzfat||Tomb of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai||This tomb is dedicated to the second-century mystic and teacher, Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai, who wrote the Zohar, one of the central texts of Kabbalah.|
Note: The ranking is based on popularity and significance to the Jewish faith. It is subjective and may vary from person to person.
Major Islamic Holy Sites in Israel
|1||Jerusalem||Al-Aqsa Mosque||Al-Aqsa Mosque is considered the third holiest site in Islam after Mecca and Medina. It is also the location of the Dome of the Rock, which is believed by Muslims to be the site from where the Prophet Muhammad ascended to heaven.|
|2||Hebron||Ibrahimi Mosque (Cave of the Patriarchs)||This mosque is built over the tomb of the Biblical figures Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sarah, Rebecca, and Leah, and is considered one of the four holiest cities in Islam.|
|3||Nablus||Jacob’s Well||This well is believed to have been used by the Biblical figure Jacob, and is considered a holy site by Muslims.|
|4||Haifa||Mosque of Elijah||This mosque is dedicated to the Prophet Elijah and is considered a holy site by Muslims.|
|5||Tiberias||Al-Makki Mosque||This mosque is dedicated to the companion of the Prophet Muhammad, Caliph Umar ibn Al-Khattab, and is considered a holy site by Muslims.|
Note: The ranking is based on popularity and significance to the Islamic faith. It is subjective and may vary from person to person.
approximately 2 million tourists spent at least one night and 2 full days in this wonderful historical city every single year , many of them arrive in organized tour groups , but in the last couple of years we have noticed a big rise in individual and small groups that travel and explore this northen region. due to the rise of frequent individual travellers new accomodation possibilities are now become available including : BNB , airBNB , hostels , apartments and more.
Tiberias as a base for exploring the sea of galillee area
Tiberias is a great base to explore the area of the sea of galilee, due to its importance many believers visit the famous religious sites around the kinneret lake.
many sites are very close to tiberias and are usually are accessible with public transport.
if you are interested in different activities you can check out our things to do page on our website
Why Choose Tiberias?
When Visiting Israel, Tiberias Usually isnt the fisrt destination that you may come across, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are special, but the views of the sea of galilee and golan hights at winter time, when its all green around it second to none. The History is also a very important factor when exploring the area, you can witness the archaeological sites all around, sites like kosri , gamla , magdala and many more are ancient reminders of the empires that ruled long ago. the sea of galillee and jordan river are mentioned in the bible as places with great importance for monotestic religions as well
Accommodation In Tiberias
In Tiberias there are many Accommodation Possibilities
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
Explore the Area
Check out whats in tiberias area
Contact Us for more information About Group Accommodation and availability
Finding the right hotel at the right time could be a challenge for a group.
if you are looking for more information about group accommodation or anything else please contact us at :
Last Minute Hotel Deals In Tiberias !
Search great hotels in TIberias
We are here for you , contact for any additional information , advice , or Anything else..
For More Information Group Rates Special Tours & More Please Contact Us
Tiberias Hotels , Israel
Get in touch and send us an Email to: